Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Good with the Bad

Suffice to say I'm having a bad year. In fact, I don't think I've ever had a year as bad as this one. Between relationship, career, money and health problems there have been many days I've wanted to stay in bed. And, just when I thought things were starting to turn around, I got the call that my Mother had a stroke. Nothing can prepare you for the day when a medical professional asks you to sign a 'do not resuscitate' order on your Mom.

So, what's this have to do with gardening? Plenty. Gardening is an active form of meditation. It's the one thing where I can actually 'lose myself' in the work. We all need a place to pray in and play in. I escape to the solitude of my garden, for time to think and now and then a quiet place to cry.

I'm happy to report we didn't sign that DNR. And, she's doing okay. She doesn't know what planet she's on. But, she's smiling. And, that's good enough for me.

1 comment:

Manuel Tendero Gil said...

unas fotos preciosas sigue asi