Friday, June 16, 2006

Garden Tour

Welcome to my garden!
Some people devote their weekends to fixing up the inside of their homes. I focus my efforts on the outside. I don't even own a dining room table. Which means the only time I can entertain is when the weather befits the lawn chairs.




I rent out half of my house - my poor tenants have to subsidize this gardening frenzy. This is their side of the house - which I think looks a whole lot nicer than my side!








They say it takes 10 years to grow a garden but I don't think that's true. Most of my flowers are grown from seed. This is their third summer and my yard is filled with bright color.






I recently re-connected with my oldest and dearest friend, Haze. She asked if I still grow Columbines. Truth is, I can't imagine my yard without this favorite flower. I squeeze Columbines into every possible nook and cranny.





Lupines are my latest darlings. They grow wild along the highways in my home state of Minnesota. My garden serves as a living scrapbook for my travels. Lupine seeds came from Bayfield, Wisconsin... Wisteria from Napa Valley... I have a corner of my yard dedicated to Oregon... but, it has to look much nicer before I will show it to you.

I'm even growing Plumeria from Hawaii.


So, why am I so crazy about flowers? I have no idea. I guess I just like to watch things grow. :)

1 comment:

Truckbeard said...

I live in South Jordan and want to grow Plumeria. Do you have any advice? Rachel