Sunday, September 03, 2006

Best Garden Shoes Ever

Recognize this place? You must be from the middle of nowhere, too.

By my estimation, I've put over 9,000 miles on my Lowa boots* since April. Now, don't get too excited, I wasn't walking. Mostly my foot was pressed against a gas pedal going back and forth, staying close to a family that is falling apart at the seams. I guess it's just our year for such things.

As I was unpacking my car last night, I noticed I'd left town in my garden shoes. Though I had a big suitcase of clothing, I only packed that one pair of shoes.

I've become a bit of an evangelist for Lowa Boots (they have shoes and sandals, too.) They're the most comfy things I've ever worn.

And, I'm a self-appointed expert because I've fallen prey to every sales pitch, in every catalog, when it comes to garden shoes. Problem is, they just don't cut it. These do. They have sole support so it doesn't hurt when I'm stomping a shovel into hard ground. But, the coolest thing of all is that my style has a self-cleaning tread so mud just falls right off.

I am happy to be home and happier still to have this day to play in my garden. But, I think I should create a roadside plaque to my recent travels: In loving memory of all those who died of BOREDOM, while driving across Wyoming.

* You can find Lowa Boots by clicking here. They're not made in China - which makes 'em even better.
PS: This photo was not taken in Wyoming. Where could it be...?

No comments: