Thursday, February 22, 2007

La Dee Duh...


How do you do it?


My Mother used to always ask that of me. Which, I suppose, made sense since she never 'did' anything. Though, in truth, she was a master of all the important things.

She never worked a day in her life. Imagine... going through life without ever having a job.

Sometimes I feel that all I do is work. Everytime I think I'm getting ahead I discover I'm falling farther behind. More than I can handle. Lots more than I can bear.



And this is how I do it. This is my backyard:

The phones are ringing. The emails are flowing in.
Clients are having a nervous breakdown. And, I don't care.

For two precious hours, every day, Bad Dog and I hit the trails. In fact we're so protective of this particular spot that we cover our tracks, when we sneak through the trees, so no one else knows it's there.

Because, honestly, Mom, I don't know how I do it. I know that I want to quit. I know that I can't.

And, I know that sometimes hiding in the woods and breathing the free air is about the only thing that keeps me sane.

No comments: