Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Garden Tomato Recipes

This is a face only a Mother could love...

...Which is why I'm dicing him up for the Labor Day BBQ. Heirloom Tomatoes can win, hands down, in a blind taste test but they don't score many points in a beauty pageant.

I live in a boom town and - just between you and me - the Californians are makin' us a little nuts. They quite seriously show up at a Labor Day BBQ with some kooky Tofu recipe and call it a 'dish to share.' Dish to scare is more appropro.

We're Utahns. We're light years behind the rest of the country with respect to social development. (Haven't you seen Big Love?)

This is why I'm cookin' up my favorite BLT Dip. B = bacon!

These days, bacon is so unhealthy and taboo that this dip gets everyone excited ~ including the new neighbors from LA.

BLT Dip
  • 1 c. mayonnaise
  • 1 c. sour cream
  • 1 lb. bacon
  • 2 heirloom tomatoes

Cook bacon until crispy, drain fat. Crumble into bite-size bits. Dice two majorly ugly heirloom tomatoes. Stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, bacon, and tomatoes. Serve with Bagel Crisps.

Click here for another favorite Heirloom Tomato Recipe.

What's so great about Heirloom Tomatoes?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know whether it's just me or if everybody else encountering problems with your site.
It seems like some of the text on your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let
me know if this is happening to them too?
This may be a issue with my web browser because
I've had this happen previously. Appreciate it

Anonymous said...

I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest
but your sites really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back down the road.
Cheers

Anonymous said...

I bⅼog often and I truly thank you for yօur information. Your article has
truly peaked my interest. I am going to book mɑrk your websіte
and keep cһecking fοr new details ɑbout once a week.
I subscribed to yoᥙr Feed as well.
review : Six Best Wɑys To Sell Encryption Software & Here Are Ten Ways T᧐
How To Encrypt A Pasѕword Fօr Free Faster

Anonymous said...

Ꭼvery wеekend i used to pay a visit this wеbsite, for the reason that
i wish for enjoуment, for the reason that thiѕ this site cօnations in fact nice funny data too.

Learn More : How To Lock Fiⅼes