Plus ~ after my last visit to the grocery store ~ it sounds like a habit we could all embrace. Who doesn't need a good, stiff drink after they see the price of food these days?
Which is why I've planted quick-growing veggies in containers on my deck. The vegetables I pay a fortune for in the grocery stores won't grow in my short mountain summers. But, their less popular cousins usually do...
Easy to find, quick-growing veggies:
- Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach - matures in 42 days
- Coronado Crown Hybrid Broccoli - matures in 58 days
- Early Contender Bush Beans - mature in 49 days
- Little Marvel Sweet Peas - mature in 62 days
- Cold Set Tomatoes - mature in 65 days
- Fat 'N Sassy Hybrid Sweet Pepper - mature in 65 days
- Scarlet Nantes Carrot - matures in 70 days