Friday, October 24, 2008

Bad Dog Takes a Walk

Oh, boy... I thought to myself as I was fighting on the phone with an unrealistic client. These days, everybody wants something for nothing. My workaday world has become so tiresome...

Then the 'Uh Oh!' sound that alerts me to new emails grabbed my attention and... my perfectly horrid rotten day turned out to be quite magnificent.

The email was from KC ~ who suggested bagging everything on today's agenda and marching to the top of the world. As in hiking the very steep Church Trail in Millcreek Canyon. It's pretty much straight up and down so maybe that's why they call it the Church Trail.

You can...
* Hike all the way up to Heaven.
* Or! Meet your maker when you have a heart attack half way to the top.

Me & Bad Dog doing what we do best: walking downhill.

In the Rocky Mountains we are blessed with beautiful wildflowers though I gotta tell ya... nothing compares to a perfect Autumn day.

14 comments:

Iron Needles said...

Good for KC (whoever that is) and good for you! And Bad Dog, too!

kd said...

What a perfect way to finish a not-so perfect starting day!

/krys

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful hike!

Daphne Gould said...

Beautiful photos.

sasha said...

Hi Kit,

What nice fall pics, it's smelling nice around here with all of the falling leaves. I'm sending my blogging nephew to your site to pick up some style tips.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

I hope we get to do it again soon. The accountant and I walked 3 miles up City Creek Canyon today. It was flat but not so pretty. I loved the Millcreek hike much better! KC
Hey Iron Needles, I'm a friend of Kate's, Bad Dog, and Wunx and a fellow Master Gardener. I hope to meet you if you get to Salt Lake.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

K - I'm serious about starting the Friday afternoon club. Lots of cool trails to conquer. I may bitch non-stop when we're hiking up hill but I'm still having a grand time. :D

Anonymous said...

Good, I'll get the snowshoes soon so we won't miss a beat. KC

Granny J said...

Beautiful walk! The trouble with pines is autumn; we don't have nearly enough aspens at our elevation. BTW, you're right -- that's a beautiful cat!

Granny J said...

...but thinking it over, I wouldn't call Pete a tuxedo cat; a tuxedo cat needs that white bib & tucker affair. But he sure is a handsome Black Cat.

Wunx~ said...

I'll bet GoodDog loved squiring two ladies on a lovely autumn hike (especially knowing that KC probably brought him goodies.)

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Granny -- Yes, Pete is a pretty boy but I have 2 cats. Buddy, the grey/white tuxedo cat, looks just like that photo on your blog! He is really funny about the camera, though, so I hardly ever get to take a good picture of him.

thismngardener said...

Dang, I'm jealous. I'll think of you all on Friday afternoons! What a beautiful scenic walk it must have been!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Hi, Jane!
It's a gorgeous hike but you minnesotans have us totally beat on fall colors.