Monday, October 06, 2008

Gold Lake

At the end of a dirt road, high in the Colorado Rockies, is a little place called the Gold Lake Resort.
We descended upon this joint to help birthday girl, M, celebrate the big 5-0. That's just not possible, is it? That we're this old?
Well, M is that old. I certainly am not. And, I never will be. 'Cause I don't have birthdays anymore. So, there.

Roscoe, Chance, Blue & Ginger took us on a grand tour:

Television is redefined at Gold Lake ~


Come sunset, we relax in front of the 'TV' sculpture that perfectly frames Bald Mountain.

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. - Albert Camus

5 comments:

Wunx~ said...

Beautiful!

And, BTW, happy week and a half to you! Happy week and a half to you!
Happy week and a half dear Ka-ate! Happy week and a half to you.

Promise I'll never tell how old though (especially since you've got even older dirt on me...)

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

I have no idea what you're talking about... ha-ha

Granny J said...

Love that TV! Too bad you can't change "channels" to look at the aspen occasionally.

Iron Needles said...

Oooohhh. You got to see some of the pretties, too! As much as I hate to see summer end, autumn seems to ease the pain just a bit with her show.

Just a bit.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Iron -- You lucky gal! I was amazed at your autumn colors! I always thought Colorado and Utah were similar but Colorado fall foliage is much prettier. :))