Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Azalea

Soul Sisters: Now I know I didn't confess this in my blog. Some plant mistakes are better left unsaid.

So, the Minnesota Gardener must have read my mind... How I was pining away for a pretty pink stimulus package to keep me occupied during this non-gardening season.

Azaleas and dry, desert climates don't get along very well. Not nearly as well as Jane and I do. My pink Azalea dried up and blew away when I forgot about her last summer.

What a lovely surprise to open the box and find a new willing victim begging for a drink of water!

Thanks, Jane. It really brightened my day! And, I promise faithfully to water her...

4 comments:

thismngardener said...

YAY! I knew all along of course...
nice to see the photos.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

It's really lovely. Thanks again. :D

Anonymous said...

I love the color. It should bring a smile to your face every time you see it.

Iron Needles said...

Love the pink!

And love the holiday layout!