Saturday, December 06, 2008

Eggnog Spritz Christmas Cookies

My own personal pastry chef, aka daughter who loves to bake. She does all the work. I eat all the cookie dough. It's workin' out great for me...

The tree is up and we're ready rumble.
It's cookie baking time!

Eggnog Glaze for Spritz Cookies
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
  • 1-2 tablespoons water
  • Brush your cookies, lightly, right after you pull them from the oven.


Spritz Christmas Cookie Recipe
Click here for this recipe, from previous post. Or, use your own. It's the glaze that makes this holiday favorite extra special.


I might really enjoy Christmas, this year, though I suppose that needs a little clarification.

I always enjoy Christmas. What's not to love? People invite me to parties. It's a great excuse to wear tacky earrings. Bonus: that cute UPS guy is forever knocking on my door.

I think I'll enjoy the holidays more this year because people are finally exploring simpler ways to celebrate the season.

All of a sudden, homemade is taking on a whole new meaning ~ something I have wanted for a long, long time.

This has nothing to do with the fact that I'm cheap, selfish and broke. I'd just like to see us calm down and put some thought into this season. Give gifts because we want to, not because we feel like we have to.

Because, honestly, if you think fed ex-ing a gift card makes people think you're thinking of them? Well, don't even get me started....

Special moment. Sitting on the couch, admiring the tree, we noticed a smiling half moon peeking in at us through the living room window:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Daughter, Beautiful tree, and yummy looking cookies. The photo of the beautiful daughter in "her" apron made me smile:)

Wunx~ said...

Spiffy apron the pastry chef's wearing. I like the crashing down the tree photo too.