Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Awesome Easy Bloom [Product Review]

Hmmm.... The pinks I planted in early springtime but when did I plant this greenie?

That's actually a trick question. The short answer is 24 hours ago. First I planted it here. And, then I planted it there. I've been moving this little gadget back and forth amongst the gardens every day ~ ever since I pressured the last borrower to return it.

It's called the Easy Bloom Plant Sensor.

Stick this cute little gadget into the soil, turn it on, and allow it to gather data for 24 hours.

Then plug the same plastic flower into the USB port of your computer and something magical happens...

First it analyzes all of the data and offers fun facts and interesting tidbits about your garden. Such as... how sunny that spot truly is, what's the moisture content and so on and so forth. (I was hoping it could actually analyze my soil but I realize this is an awful lot to ask for little green flower...)

So, first it gets smart on your garden.

And, then!

It tells you what types of flowers will survive, and probably thrive, in that particular spot in your garden.

So far, everyone who's borrowed the Easy Bloom has had a lot of fun with it.

We've experimented with shade gardens, sun gardens and even this spot, in the photo below I call the dead garden. Doesn't matter what I plant in this spot, odds are pretty good it will die.

In this spot that I call The Dead Garden, Easy Bloom recommended a highly drought tolerant plant called 'Mormon Tea.' (Ephedra boelckei)

Bottom Line? I'm sold.

There's really only one drawback to this clever gardening gadget. It was so popular with my master gardening friends that for awhile there I never thought I'd ever see it returned to me...

* The Easy Bloom Plant Sensor was given to me by Plant Sense, Inc. to test and review.

7 comments:

Chloe m said...

Sounds nifty!
Sign me up!
Rosye

Flowers said...

You have posted awesome picture of flowers that is appreciated. Keep it up the good work. Cheers :)

Anonymous said...

So where did you get this nifty little pretty?

Anonymous said...

Well now that I've put my glasses on I see the link! :)

Robin Thomas said...

This does look like a pretty neat gadget! I always just sat around myself and watched the sun before :~) Robin

modeflowers said...

What an amazing plant sensor you have. Your flowers in your garden so pretty and so healthy.

florist online said...

Nice idea. Thanks for the updates and details.