Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"Less CNN. More Mozart."

I've felt obligated to post about Earth Day yet I could not think of a single important thing to say about the subject that hasn't been said a bazillion times before. Plus, I'm so very weary of guilt trips and bad news.

Then ~ kismet being what it is ~ I found this thoughtful video while visiting  Symphony.
Bingo. (I said to myself) Isn't this is a lovely mantra? Simply striving to be major kind.





* And now for another shameless plug to make our gardens work a little bit harder at what they were designed to do in the first place. Let's be 'major kind' to animals, too.

We're here. They're here. Nobody is going anywhere. Rather than shooing them away, perhaps we should invite them to stay? It's scary out there. Your backyard could very well be their saving grace:

8 comments:

jan said...

Thanks, Kate! (I wouldn't load from here, so I popped over to symphany and watched the video) It was very thoughtful, but also uplifting!

Rose said...

A very thought-provoking video, Kate. I agree that kindness is the most important quality in this world--if we are kind to others, two-legged or four-legged, everything else will just naturally fall in place.

I believe that celebrating Earth Day is a good thing, but I'm getting a little tired, too, of all the commercials with celebrities telling us what to do. I wonder if they separate their garbage into recyclables by themselves:)

I see I've missed a couple of your posts--glad to see the snow has finally melted for you and the blooms are appearing.

Snowcatcher said...

I like your take on Earth Day. Maybe you can start a new trend... thinking positive instead of thinking doom!

Thanks for providing the opportunity to ponder!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Thanks, Jan. Glad you were able to view it somewhere. I'm not the smartest when it comes to adding video to the bloggy.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Hi, Rose!
Oh, yes, spring at last. I'm so thrilled to see some color in this dull brown landscape of mine! :))

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Hey, Snowcatcher -- The anti-doom movement. Love this idea! Seeing as how you're such a talented crafter can you get to work on the t-shirt design? :))

Unknown said...

I can certainly recommend Mozart's Piano Sonata No.11 in A, K.331 "Alla Turca". Everyone will recognize it, and easing into those first notes might be some of the best relaxation I've felt.

People can enjoy some of that here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT0ghoOGn78

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Thanks, John Boy. We missed you today. But, never fear. We saved all the hard work for you to do when you're able to walk again. :)