Bok Choy, fresh from the High Star Organic Farm greenhouse.
Wednesdays I get to see how the other half lives. By other half I mean coddled organic veggies, safe from high winds and cozy warm inside the High Star greenhouse. It's just not possible to grow such pretty veggies in my own wild and woolly gardens.
High Star Organic Farm is at higher elevation than my frigid gardens, but it's a sauna inside these greenhouses.
I got roped into this assignment by innocently saying hello to the owner at a horse show about 2 months ago. It was a combination of me never being able to say no, guilt over the fact that Master Gardeners are expected to do community service projects though I never do...
Plus, volunteers get a share of these scrumptious veggies. Like I'm gonna pass that up.
Radish rejects go to Jake, our mascot. If he'll eat them, they must be marvy.
'Cause I picked 'em! And, I gave 'em a bath, too.
Bok Choy & Radish Coleslaw
- 1 head fresh bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped basil
- 1/2 cup chopped green tops of fresh green onions
- 2 tablespoons Litehouse brand light coleslaw dressing