Saturday, December 15, 2012

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day ~ December, 2012

 Couldn't sleep. Up until the wee hours, trolling through my garden photos. Because that's what I do when I'm sad and confused. I hide. Physically in my garden, or virtually within my garden photos.

 I lose myself in flower pics and make plans for a sunnier season. Though, I must say, it hasn't done a lick of good this time, in trying to erase the saddest of days.




It is also Bloom Day. That monthly meme that keeps us all connected. But, it's winter so I have nothing to show for myself.

Last night, when I couldn't sleep, I was screwing around learning how to make a movie. Seemed like a good idea at 3 a.m. Now? I'm not so sure.. But, it is one of my favorite songs and I'm amazed I didn't get busted by the YouTube police for using it. I hope you enjoy my feeble attempt.

Pay a visit to Carol at May Dreams Gardens to meet other gardeners in kinder climates. Happy Bloom Day.

And, please say a prayer for the devastated families of Newtown.

Follow Me on Pinterest




6 comments:

Lee@A Guide to Northeastern Gardening said...

You made me smile...prayers go out to Newtown.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Love your movie Kate. You did a great job and I love the song. Valerie

Ismail N said...

Very beautiful shots! Are they all flowers from your garden? How do you make them all bloom so beautifully? We also shed tears when we read about the victims - all the innocent kids and the brave teachers.

Unknown said...

Wonderful movie Kate great job sorry your you could not sleep.

Thoughts are with all the familys in Newtown .So so sad.

Janie said...

I guess we've all been feeling sad and confused for the last few days. It's hard to fathom the pain the grieving parents must feel.
Nice job on the movie, showing off your beautiful flowers.

Carly said...

It made me smile this morning. Which is definitely impressive considering I can't finish my tea (there has to be something wrong). Flowers and music are wonderful in their ability to raise spirits. This time of year I really have to fight the depression, especially when such tragedies occur :(

Only down side to the video? You may have triggered spring fever a bit earlier than usual.