Saturday, December 29, 2012

Insta-Blog 2: The Full Cold Moon

Taken with my iPhone up near the Deer Valley ski resort.
 Last night was the last full moon of 2012. Called the Cold Moon because it's the time of year when all we have to celebrate is the long, dark of an icy winter. That and the fact that it's an absolutely fabulous time to bundle up and go for a snowshoe. Sure, it's cold out there but it's also quite peaceful. An ideal setting for a snowshoe adventure ~ by the light of a bright full moon.


What is an Insta-Blog?
 Oh, it's just something I made up. I've been having so much fun goofing off with Instagram: A free app for my iPhone. The pics I take with my phone are posted instantly on Facebook, with the push of a button. (And, if that was the measure of my blogging frequency, people would see that I blog every single day.) It's not as easy to post these pictures over here on my blog. But, I have found a way to fix that! Long live the old copy and paste routine. :D





9 comments:

Sue said...

Oh what an absolutely stunning picture! Instagram is fun isn't it?

No moon in central CT tonight due to a snow storm but there is definitely beauty in that as well.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Fabulous photo. Makes me cold looking at it though. :)

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Hi, Sue! It is a blast. Stay warm, my friend.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Hi, Lisa! And, Happy New Year!

It is very cold tonight (9 degrees) but snowshoeing is hard work and it warms you up pretty quick.

A bit of hot, mulled wine is also quite delightful. :D

Laurrie said...

That is an incredible photo, and I love that it is a phone instagram snap. Amazing. You do know that you live in a most beautiful part of the country, right?

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Thanks, Laurrie;

Yes, I feel very, very fortunate to have discovered this area, back when normal people could afford to buy houses here.

Happy New Year!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Thanks, Laurrie;

Yes, I feel very, very fortunate to have discovered this area, back when normal people could afford to buy houses here.

Happy New Year!

A Garden of Threads said...

Looks fabulous. Blessings for 2013.

D said...

that one should be in a frame! Happy New Year and hope it is filled with much joy and well being, dear Kate.