Thursday, August 15, 2013

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day ~ August, 2013


Bloom Day, yay! My favorite meme of the month!

I hardly know where to begin ~ plenty of joy in these gardens... Oodles of Heirloom, single-flowering Hollyhocks. If you'd like some seeds just send me an email.
 

Coreopsis, big and small. Jupiter's Beard. Stunning Bellflowers ~ in what little bit of shade we have available.

Kind of looks like it's snowing, doesn't it? That's Baby's Breath. It does so well in our alkaline soils. I just love how it softens the look of big perennials.


Exotic colors of Blanket Flowers, though I'm not too crazy about them. This hybridized version requires too much water. They don't know it yet, but they're going bye-bye this autumn.

Wild asters are making a very early showing. Perennial Snapdragons always make me smile. Big clumps of yellow perennial sunflowers with pink, moppy head Bee Balms, decorate the street garden.


This bright purple wall of colorful Clematis has encouraged hummingbirds to nest in the nearby trees.

And, I'm happy to say this is barely the tip of the iceberg with what's brightly blooming right now. But, the camera battery died, so here's one last photo of what's cooking in the garden on this hot August day... The sweet little kitty who supervises my weed pulling. If I could just teach him to pitch in on that weed pulling, the gardens would be in great shape!

Pay a visit to Carol at May Dreams Gardens to meet other gardeners participating in this monthly meme. Happy Bloom Day!

Follow Me on Pinterest




1 comment:

Lea said...

Pretty flowers!
Lovely cat!
Happy gardening!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie