Thursday, March 03, 2016

Night Gardens


It was my darling daughter's birthday.
She's visiting from snowbound Utah.
So, I thought it might be a fun adventure 
to see the light show..


At the Phoenix Desert Botanical Gardens.


Bruce Munro is a renowned artist of light.
Using fiber optics, on a grand scale.
This photo, above -- 6 foot tall cylinders made of plastic water bottles,
with color changing, fiber optic lights inside the bottles.


This, of course, has my puny brain working over time on how to decorate my own gardens next Christmas! :)


There is something magical about strolling a garden at night.
I've tried my luck at planting a 'Moon Garden' on my own property...


But my sorry efforts pale in comparison to the surreal entertainment of 31,000 lights...


Inside planters...


Stretching through the Saguaro fields...


Creeping up a cactus-covered mountain...


Putting on the most spectacular garden light shown I have ever seen!

Truly amazing. :)))

~ kate


3 comments:

Rilly said...

Beautiful....I'd guess it's even more so in real time.

Lee@A Guide to Northeastern Gardening said...

Wow...gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing this. I visited these gardens back in 2013 and saw some of the Chilluly Collection that they have there, but would have loved to see this light show. At least I got to see it virtually!

Bonnie K said...

Wow that is amazing! I love it. I will have to put that on my bucket list.