Monday, June 25, 2018

Only The Strong Survive


Hello. I'm the hardest working rose in the flower business.

I survived all last summer, in record heat, in a high plains desert.. without humans watering me.

* That torture wasn't intentional. The sprinkler system was turned off and nobody informed the gardener.


As much as I love to garden, I just can't stand wimpy perennials. You never know what could happen. Like me moving away for 4 years and leaving the plants to their own devices.

Gives new meaning to that phrase: Only The Strong Survive.

* I was absolutely astonished to see that they did survive. 'They' as in the half dozen John Cabot Rose Bushes living here, doing fine and dandy, without me. A rose by any other name, would be long gone by now...

John Cabot Rose, Explorer Series, Blooms all summer, until first frost.

💟   Waterwise conditions happen over time. These beauties were planted 8 years ago. New plants require lots o' TLC.

No comments: