But, what is life without dreams? One of mine is to step out on the front porch of my little grass shack (in December, of course) and see a garden wildly blooming with scarlet Poinsettias. As it is, I only get to enjoy them once a year and they're not exactly wild.
Treat them kindly and they will bloom until Valentines Day. Pamper them and they can grow to be 10 feet tall.
- Take care bringing them home. Poinsettias will drop their leaves if exposed to cold temps for as little as 10 minutes.
- Remove the decorative foil, or plastic wrap, as soon as you get them home.
- Roots need to breathe and soil should be slightly dry before watering. No fertilizer required.
- Choose a cool spot with bright light for longest flowering.
* December 12th is National Poinsettia Day. Why wait? A dozen Poinsettias are cheaper than a live tree. Go nuts. :)