Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ooey Gooey Christmas Goodie

Finally! The much anticipated snow has arrived.

Wild winds and a heavy snowstorm kept us housebound most of the day. Finally. Snow. Winter. The kick in the pants I needed to admit that Christmas is just around the corner!

I decorated the house, then I decorated the blog. After I got everything looking as holiday as humanly possible, I decided to whip up an extra rich and incredibly bad for you Ooey Gooey Christmas Goodie.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Walnut Fudge Recipe

Combine these goodies in a large mixing bowl:
  • 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
  • 1 cup walnuts
  • 1 cup chunky peanut butter
  • 2 cups marshmallow cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Bring these goodies (below) to a boil, then pour over the marvelous mess up above. Stir like crazy! Once everything is melted nicely, pour into a glass baking dish.
  • 4 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Try to show some discipline. Wait until it cools before diving in head first...


This recipe is adapted from one my Mother and Grandmother used to make every Christmas. Baking was lots more fun back then because people only counted calories during that first week in January ~ a half-hearted attempt to repent the gobbling of the Christmas Goodie sins.

6 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Kate .. what a gorgeous picture of the snow ! and believe me, it takes a lot for me to say snow is gorgeous when we have it so long here in Kingston ..
I am totally in love with this fudge recipe !!! I am a fudge-a-holic and this looks so tasty : )
Thank You !!!!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Oh, thank you. I enjoyed your snowy photos, today, too. :))

Anonymous said...

I love the cheery Christmas decor! And what a beautiful photo of the snow!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Thanks, O! Christmas spirit... yeah, better late than never! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, very holiday at your place. Love the hats on the pets. We have a female black long hair that is a match for your Pete, same sour expression most of the time too! HA That is some over the top peanut butter fudge, could it be more decadent!
Frances

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Hi Frances,

Yup - you can gain weight just thinking about eating that fudge.

Thanks for stopping by...