Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tinsel Town

Winterberry shrubs add great color to a snowy garden. Birds love 'em.

I hauled the Christmas tree outdoors, giving it a second life, stuck in a snow drift where it shall rest quietly until spring. That is, if spring ever gets here. [I like to decorate it a second time with stuff for the birds who overwinter in the yard.]

This is much, much earlier than we usually take it down. But, I couldn't stand that tree a moment longer!

It was so pretty. Downright gorgeous. Dripping with tinsel, creating a magical, glittery effect with all those twinkly bulbs.

Little did I know! Tinsel travels.

Everywhere.

Within just a couple days, tinsel was adding a glittery effect all over the house.

Then it was in the car. I even spotted a few strands on the horse the other day.

Raisin' a Ruckus: Bib & Tucker proudly displays the basket of bulbs he knocked off the tree. (Poor photo, but notice how he's sparkling?)

We have Bib to thank for this mess. He's big into shiny and just couldn't contain himself. When he starts raising a ruckus, Pete feels obliged to pitch in.

And, that was that. I know when I'm outnumbered.

No comments: