Sunday, April 19, 2009

THE Undeniable 1st Sign of Spring

Perky Primrose blooms in my frigid spring garden.

Is this THE sign of spring? No, I don't think so.

Grecian Windflowers ~ the size of your pinky finger ~ stand up to most any nasty weather. Is this THE sign of spring? For some maybe, not for me.

Maxine saves the life of the 1st honey bee of the season.

By scooping him out of the snow with the bill of my precious Red Sox hat.

Is this THE sign that spring has truly arrived? Nope.

Bright green shrubs grace the sides of mountain creeks as quick melting snows rush noisily by. Is this it? No, but you're getting close.


So, what IS the Undeniable 1st Sign of Spring? I suppose it's different for everyone. For me, it's when the ground in my backyard is dry and the prancing pony can come home to play.

Both cats and the dog chased Meg around all afternoon ~ while I tried to garden without getting accidentally stomped.

'Twas a long winter. I think she missed us as much as we missed her.

No comments: