Friday, November 28, 2008

Bathtub Therapy

During my budget crunch holidays I'm busy 'making' all sorts of stuff I would normally buy for gals on my Christmas list.

Making your own bath products can feel daunting. Dolling up basic bath products is pretty easy. And, if you've ever wondered why they're so expensive, the answer is packaging.

Want to make yours look pretty? Get thee to the 2nd hand shops. Where pretty bottles are a dime a dozen. Well, maybe not a dime, but you know what I mean...

After-Bath Body Oil Splash
  • 1/2 cup apricot oil
  • 10 drops lavender essential oil
  • 1 really cool looking bottle
* Mix and shake. It's just that easy. Any fragrance will do.

Gardenia Cream Bubble Bath*
  • 2.5 cups water
  • 1 bar grated Dr. Bronner's Magic Castile Soap
  • 1.5 tablespoons liquid glycerin
  • 5 drops gardenia essential oil*
  • 1 really cool looking bottle
Stir together water, soap and glycerin in a mixing bowl. Let it set for 20 minutes (this softens the castile soap.) Stir in the essential oil and pour this mess into your really cool bubble bath bottle.

* Use any fragrance your little heart desires. I just happen to love Gardenia.

No comments: