Sunday, September 30, 2007

Pumpkin Bread Recipe

I was going a little stir crazy yesterday. Nasty winds, blowing snow, nothing to do. Well, plenty to do. Cleaning comes to mind since it looks like a bomb went off in this house of mine. But, why clean when I can putz around the kitchen and make an even bigger mess?

Pumpkin Bread Recipe
  • 1.5 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cup pumpkin purée
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. allspice
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Combine flour, salt, sugar and baking soda. Separately, combine pumpkin purée, oil, eggs, 1/4 cup water, and spices. Stir all ingredients together. Last but not least, stir in those yummy walnuts. Bake in a bread pan at 350 for about an hour.

* I have thoughtfully adjusted this recipe for all you normal people who don't live in the mountains. For high altitudes: Decrease sugar by 3 tablespoons, decrease baking soda by half, bake at 375 (and cross your fingers.)

2 comments:

Gail said...

Hay Kate, thanks for the poke in the arm....new post over on my Wy blog.

Love the pumpkin pictures, fall is a great time of year, problem is that I am not ready to not garden, I am used to 9 months of gardening, not 3...grin.

Anonymous said...

What? No booze in this recipe??? I miss PC! But, I've lost a lot of weight now that I'm no where near your kitchen! :D