Friday, September 12, 2008

Certifiable!

I did it! You can, too.

Clearly, I'm not so much a leader as I am a follower. Because I am the 109 thousandth, 599th gardener to do this. Though, I was still rather proud to receive my certificate in the mail today!

I suppose we all have those days... when it feels as if we can make no positive impact on this world. At times like that it's nice to take a stroll through the garden and watch the bustle of activity. Because everything we do matters ~ even if it's on a small scale.

Birds singing, bees buzzing, hungry critters waiting patiently for me to plant a few more tulip bulbs. (Sorry, guys, I've learned my lesson.) From big to small, they come to call. Moose wreaking havoc near dawn. Every once in awhile a surprise coyote scares the pants off Bad Dog in the dark of the night...

* You don't have to live in the middle of nowhere to garden for wildlife. Look around you. Wildlife is everywhere. Simply offer a water source, plants, berries, places to nest and raise babies.

** And, absolutely no chemical fertilizers or pesticides. But, you would never dream of doing that, now would you?

3 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Congratulations !
Sometimes when I'm thinking the world is such a mess .. I look at my garden and I know what ever may be going on I did a good thing here ! Thank you for reminding me : )

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That is so cool. Plus, I was glad to see a new post. I was getting tired of that Honeysuckle....just kidding. See you tomorrow. KC

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Oh, yes. I wholeheartedly agree! We can all do a good thing by planting gardens. :)