Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Stylishly Late

I expected to see little Moonbeam Coreopsis a month ago. Not sure what took her so long to get with the program.

Yarrow should have finished flowering mid-August. Perhaps she and the Moonbeams are plotting a new growing season? (I know they're fast friends.)

I take full responsibility for Potentilla's late showing.
(I always forget to water her.)



Red Hot Poker fulfilled her obligations in July. Oh, I do love an over-achiever...


Feathery pink Liatrus is so late to the party I forgot I'd invited her.


So, what's going on here?

Darned if I know. Except that it's been raining. A lot. And, water really is the gift of life to you, me, and any plant we hope to grow. So, perhaps that's why everyone is flowering overtime ~ in spite of the chilly nights.

Johnson's Blue Geranium never runs out of steam. This tireless perennial refuses to stop 'blooming.' When flowers fade, foliage turns to brilliant shades of red and orange. Now if only I could figure out how to encourage blue autumn colors... then I really could rule the world. :)

1 comment:

Granny J said...

At a slightly lower elevation, we do manage to get a few true blue flowers, though I think they're all through at this point (except for my plumbego and two lobelia plants.)