Sunday, March 01, 2009

Spooky Meg & the Snowman Tribe

I haven't a clue what this is all about. Though it involved a film crew and a whole gaggle of snowmen makers.

This week's Friday Afternoon Club was canceled due to me perfecting the art of procrastination. I did that so well I had to stay home Friday to catch up on work.

For a little while, anyway. Until I was saved by that proverbial bell.

As in the ringing of the telephone and the downright giddy voice on the other end of it proclaiming: THE SNOW HAS MELTED!

Not completely but enough so we could go for a ride.

Oh, I have missed my girl.

Ms. Megan has whiled away the winter doing what horses do best ~ lounging in the pasture, growing fat and sassy. Forgetting all about me and saddles and the fun we had last summer.

Horses are particularly spooky in the springtime. Everything scares them because it takes a little while to re-engage the brain. So, we tread very carefully on that first ride after a long winter. We go slow, choose her most familiar trail. Hope we don't encounter a loose dog or anything out of the ordinary.

Like... 200 snowmen???
And, that's when we bolted for the barn.

7 comments:

KC said...

I'm so glad your ankle was good enough to ride and you were reunited with Megan. The snowmen must have been a riot to see!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Yep. I'm all healed and ready for our next adventure. Missed you Friday. :)

Anonymous said...

Can anyone play? I stumbled on your site quite by accident looking up high altitude gardening. I live near Jackson Hole. Your group looks like fun- I have a brown thumb and need lots of help.
Teri

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Hi, Teri!
Get me some ski passes to Jackson and we'll talk. Just kidding..

You are now an official member of High Altitude Gardening! The interview process for that position is quite simple. We'll take any gardening rabble rouser who says hi.

Seriously, though, if you have questions, fire away. Maybe we can help you plant a pretty garden. :)) Thanks for stopping by.
- kate

Iron Needles said...

Uh...that's quite disconcerting.

Did you feel like knocking a few down? Just for kicks?

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Hi, Iron - Couldn't do that. Too many witnesses. (But how did you know the bad girl side of me likes to do that? :) I'm big on smashing pumpkins too.

Muum said...

loved seeing the snowmen!