Monday, November 12, 2012

7th Heaven


They're forecasting 500 inches of snow.


Oh... did that make you do a double take? 500 inches of snow for the whole winter, not for today. (And, that's normal this high up in the mountains.)

I probably should have clarified that right up top but this way I inspired you to scroll down and see another picture!


 ~  Of my beloved powder hound. He has a doggie door, so he can let himself in and out of the house whenever he pleases. He has not let himself back into the house since the fluffy flakes began to fall. He loves him some winter weather.

It has been quietly snowing for 3 days, now. Muffling the sounds of traffic, and passers by, inspiring me to cozy up next to the fireplace. Right after I pelted the dog with a few well-targeted snowballs. {It's our winter version of dodge ball.}


I don't like winter to last forever. But, I sure do love the change of seasons.

The cold, crisp air. The bright whites of a winter wonderland. And, a cup of hot cocoa, with peppermint, of course, after an exhilarating romp in the snow.

Did you know? Prior to the invention of the telescope, Saturn was the farthest planet we could see. And, it was literally the seventh heaven, where people believed the souls of the dead met with God. 

These days it's just a time in our lives when all is right with the world.


  Follow Me on Pinterest




9 comments:

Liza said...

Brrr, those make me cold just looking at them. I'm a summer girl!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

ALL of my New Mexico friends are summer lovers, Liza. So, you're in good company. I'm glad I have them as friends because every winter lover needs a warm up vacation now and then. :)

Rose said...

My Sophie loves the snow, too. If she had a doggie door, she'd be outside most of the day.

Beautiful photos--you make me almost wish for snow here...I did say "almost":)

troutbirder said...

That 500 inches did seem a bit much so I scrolled down and saw some beautiful flowers. Well worth it...:)

Marguerite said...

Gorgeous photos Kate. Your dog just looks thrilled. My body is rejecting the cold weather wholeheartedly right now and we haven't even gotten any snow yet. I think the dread of winter gets to me but when the snow finally comes I'll change my tune and enjoy it more.

Bonnie K said...

Wonderful photos. My dog, Ella, also loves to play in the snow. Hope your total isn't 500 inches. Bleck.

Anonymous said...

Aah . . . Kate, I love the change in seasons too. I still did a double take on 500 inches because that's a lot of snow no matter what.~~Dee

Scotkat said...

Oh brrrrrrrrrr so much snow but such a lovely blog.

And coco with peppermint to cosy you up.

Thankyou for sharing .

Anonymous said...

Hello i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anyplace, when i read this post i
thought i could also make comment due to this brilliant piece of writing.
My website - youtube.com