Friday, January 18, 2013

Fresh Out of Luck

Azaleas
 Geez I hate it when I'm being tested. I doubt anyone relishes these times, though it's not like we can escape them. Such instances happen to all of us, even the very lucky. Those times when it feels as if we've used up every ounce of luck we have and we're running on empty.

Lilies
 There are lots of times when I feel like I'm super lucky. Blessed, even. Though, not lately.

 In fact, earlier today, I planned to sit down and blog a bit, take my mind off my troubles vs. focus on them. But, I accidentally sliced my index finger on an envelope so I couldn't type. Because it has been bleeding like you wouldn't believe. Bandage after bandage. For a paper cut? Sheesh I can't even have a normal, run of the mill injury these days?

Cyclamen
I put in a new furnace. Had to. No choice. They haven't even billed me for it, yet. So, imagine my dismay when I got the call that a pipe had frozen, and burst, and it's deep down in the frozen ground and I can't even find anybody to fix it.

Hydrangeas
Yet another thing going wrong during this month of wrong things... & I handled it oh, so, immaturely. I walked into my bedroom, where the cat looked all comfy and cozy, and I thought to myself: Now that's not a bad idea. So, I curled up with the cat, and wished the entire world would disappear.

It did not. Disappear, that is. But, it is kind of remarkable how a little nap can put a whole new perspective on a very dark day.

Orchids, Azaleas, & a cute little Christmas Cactus
As I sit here contemplating my troubles I'm realizing there's really only one way to go from here. And, that's up. It's not like anything else could go wrong. Seeing as how everything already has.

Hopefully soon, the black cloud hanging over this house of problems, will catch a breeze and move on down the road.

In the meantime, I guess I'll just hunker down and enjoy my winter [indoor] garden.

Follow Me on Pinterest




7 comments:

Liza said...

Kate, imitating cats isn't immature, it's just plain smart.

And naps are HIGHLY therapeutic. Don't ever convince yourself otherwise.

Here's to better days ahead.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Thanks, Liza. That cat has the right idea! :)

Aaron said...

Hope that your month improves! As you say, one way to go from here - upward!! :)

PS - I had one gentleman come to deliver some furniture a year or so ago. When I ask him how he was doing he said, "Any day that I'm not in the ground is a good day."

I try to remember and replicate that attitude when possible.

Rilly said...

Your tale reminded me of my friend in Moose Pass, AK....maybe this will cheer you up. BTW...her trip was her life long dream come true. Some wonderful stories and incredible photos if you want to check them out.
http://gullible-gulliblestravels.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-bad-ugly-and-even-worse-all-stuff.html

scottweberpdx said...

UGH...so sorry you've had such a run of bad luck...I hope it really turns around soon. Oh, and sometimes just curling up on the bed for a while is the only thing to do ;-)

Melospiza said...

Naps are GREAT therapy!

I hope your luck improves--it seems like some months are just like that.

Janice said...

Sounds like you had a rough day! Whenever I'm feeling down or depressed, I just remind myself how much happier I'll feel once I've had a good night's sleep. Napping works wonders.