Friday, October 04, 2013

Space.

No point in looking at my flowers, this time of year. The trees are waaaayyy prettier!
 Space. If you're a 'trekkie' that word might conjure visions of The Final Frontier, the iconic intro to that beloved Star Trek series. You know... the good one! With Jean Luc Picard.

On the to-do list this week ~ to savor every last leafy bit of my favorite season.
No, no, I'm talking about physical space inside my house and how the squishing of an entire household of stuff into half the space it used to enjoy is... well...  a wee bit difficult.


But, it has been done! And, now that it's done I'm kind of thinking it should be a requirement for everyone to move every 7 years.

Without the mandate to consolidate, really good junk seems to grow exponentially. Faster than the dust bunnies under the bed. If there is an empty space to be filled, rest assured new junk will set up shop there, in the blink of an eye.


You might be surprised to discover that there is a scientific equation that calculates this dilemma. (I may, or may not, have made this up.)
X [the finite amount of space I have] times Y [as in.. why, in the hell, did I purchase this junk in the first place] = Q.
You expected me to say Z, didn't you? Q is more appropriate because that's what's been going on around here all week long. The Big $64,000 Question as in... what to keep and what to toss. This little house is bursting at the seams.

Which prompted a half dozen trips to Recycle Utah, the Peace House, and pretty much every other organization who believes that one woman's trash could very well be another one's treasure.

We tried to spend as much time outdoors as possible because the weather man was predicting...
No, I'm not moving. Are you kidding me? I'd have to uproot 2,000 little green perennials were that case.

I'm moving someone in. 

By Friday, the brilliant colors were replaced with - argh - snow.
I invited a family member to spend the winter with me because he landed a dream job as a pastry chef at the Deer Valley Resort. That hoity toity ski resort here in Park City that thinks nothing of charging you $108 per day (!!!) for the pleasure of skiing on their slopes ~ though they couldn't possibly pay their employees a living wage. So, he's living the dream, by living with me.

And, that, my friends, is what inspired the massive over haul of everything under the roof.

Here's hoping you all have a marvelous weekend!

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: