Thursday, November 05, 2009

Bell's 1 Up On Me

If you wonder why I only show parts of Bella it's because she's gigantic and I don't quite know how to photograph her ~ much less find her good side...

I committed to NaBloPoMo (blogging every day during the month of November.) I thought this was as simple as blogging on MY BLOG every day...

No, no, couldn't be that easy... I actually have to write daily posts on the NaBloPoMo site. Argh. So, I'm already out of the running for most annoying blogger of the month award. And, I don't know what to do with the two kind women who joined my NaBloPoMo Horse Lovers group. This is such a tangled web...

Anyhoo! My 30-day blogging commitment was on the beautiful Bella and how she and I are going to become great friends. Hopefully soon.

I was all excited about our training session today. Right up until I got there and Janet turned the spotlight onto me. Me? What's this all about? She's the bad horse! I didn't kick anybody. Why, pray tell, are you picking on me?

It sort of went like this...
Now, Kate, in the horse/owner relationship who is in charge?
"Well she is naturally. She's a helluva lot bigger than I am."

No, Kate, you need to be in charge. You need to be firm. You need to manage her...

And, so it went. Enough already. Bell's had 4 lessons and she's got an A. I've had one lesson and I'm hovering at a D-.

I SWEAR I heard that horse chuckle as we were marching back to the barn...

* The horse lovers picture is a sign that hangs on our front door.

10 comments:

jan said...

You know you have to...you can't let a horse get better grades than you! lol!

OmegaMom said...

I don't think you actually have to post there. What I did was to take five days' worth of posts and write a quick summary with links.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Oh, I know! This is a tad embarrassing. I'm studying up tonight, Jan. I'll be a rock star at tomorrows session!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

I suppose I could do that, OmegaMom. But what about my 2 count 'em 2 NaBloPoMo fans?? Will I disappoint them? (ha!)

Iron Needles said...

Commitment is hard!

Also hard? Letting a horse get the better of one, even if they are bigger.

Be confident!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Thanks, Iron. I just have the hardest time being 'tough' with animals. I guess that's how Bad Dog became so... well... bad!

Anonymous said...

Kate I think you will reach a mutual understanding with your beautiful Bella--you're the boss, she thinks she's the boss, but you're the boss. :) Tell her to get over it! ha ha

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

I don't wanna be the boss....! :))

joey said...

Not only love the touch of 'catch light' in Bella's eye but that you have taken the challenge! You go girl :) I did the (http://www.nanowrimo.org/) challenge, writing a novel in Nov ... still working on editing and kickin' it out the door :)

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

A novel! That's impressive! I must head back over to your blog and get to the bottom of this one. I've had an idea for a novel floating around in my head for many years but can't seem to muster the energy to begin typing that rough draft...

Thanks for the words of encouragement re: Bella