Monday, November 23, 2009

While I Was Napping...

I hope you're not weary of my indoor roses.
It's all I've got growing right now!

I suppose this was bound to happen at some point. Not so much an 'if' as a 'when.' As in... when will I get socked with that nasty flu?

The happy 'clutter' in my kitchen window.

Not the ever popular H1N1. I'm referring to the [alleged] minor flu that's been making the rounds in my neck of the woods.

My dear friend, Karen, was down with this flu and has been too ill to hike for over a month.

But, I never get sick! So, I wasn't worried.

Though I did feel a little tired on Friday afternoon. So, I put on my cowgirl jammies... curled up on the couch...

... and, didn't get out of those jammies until Monday morning!


When I crawled into bed it was autumn; when I woke it was winter.

Ripe for the pickings! Miniature Pomegranate Tree
Pay no attention to the filth in my sunny window. Recent studies have shown that all this dust helps my plants grow bigger and stronger!
(That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.)

12 comments:

jan said...

So sorry you have been under the weather! At least you have lovely flowers to look at!

KC said...

I'm so sorry you are not feeling well. I'm glad I stayed in while I had it so I can't be blamed for passing it along. I hope you recover in time for the big turkey dinner.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Thanks ~ I'm recovered, now. I just slept the weekend away... :)

Chloe m said...

Kate,
It is good we can't catch these bugs blogging! I hope you are feeling back up to snuff and can enjoy your Thanksgiving.
The roses are simply wonderful to gaze upon. I think they must have magical healing powers for you. :)
Rosey

Iron Needles said...

Glad you are back up to snuff. Never tired of the roses! So many bright and cheerful colors...probably why you weren't down for long!

Gloria said...

Beautiful! - I have a Blog Award for you on my site - www.ahealthygardener.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate~~ I love your blog, both photos and prose. I'm completely convinced that you're spot-on about the dust "helping." It likes to help. That's why it calls in all its buddies and relatives. Love your roses and all your blossoms.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Gloria... you're so sweet. Thanks! That made my day. :))

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Hi, Grace! If only we could grow Clematis indoors... hmmm... well it might be worth a try! I have really enjoyed your posts and pictures of this favorite perennial. Thanks for the kind compliments, too. :)

Anonymous said...

simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!

Unknown said...

hey, these are cute! are the fruits edible?

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Hi, Li'l Ned!
Yes, the Pomegranates are edible but they are very sour! :(