Monday, November 09, 2009

XXL Micro Minis!

These great, big photos celebrate the tiniest flowers blooming in my sunny window:

That sweet little bud I discovered on Saturday has blossomed into a perfect micro-mini rose. Shown here, much bigger than life, she's about the size of a quarter.

I was so very excited about my baby pinks that I didn't notice the micro-mini yellow roses are also back in bloom. And, this one's a biggie. Over an inch in diameter!

Cramped quarters. I've also got some white roses (just for you, Wunx!) living in the same pot as a very productive African Violet. It's not, exactly, a match made in heaven but as soon as I get paid they're both getting new homes...

Update on reprogramming the Belligerent Bella:
A 2-step backwards day. I did my homework. I watched the training dvds over the weekend and I even tried out a few techniques on Bad Dog . (All he did was howl.)

Bell wasted her weekend lolly gagging around the stables! She forgot everything. We accomplished nothing.

In fact, I'm so mad at her I thought I'd show you her worst photo instead another pretty one...

13 comments:

jan said...

Well, at least you have the joy of beautiful roses to soften the frustration of the horse. Love the perfect pink one!

joey said...

Kudos ... great macro photos :)

Chloe m said...

It's me again. Are you getting sick of my comments or what?
I almost bought an indoor rose today but I wimped out. Are they easy to care for? I am SOOOO lazy, I bought a cactus instead.

Anonymous said...

Your mini roses are BEAUTIFUL! What's your secret for success? Mine is just now getting new growth after losing every leaf!

Bella--bad horse! :)

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Hi, Jan;
Thanks for the kind words. In all honesty (having raised a spirited teenager) I was feeling a tad suspicious about how easy last week was... Today will be better. :))

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Hello Colorado Girls;
These mini-roses are from CO. so they should do pretty well in your mountain homes PROVIDED they can get lots of sunlight. They're zone 5 if you decide to transplant them outdoors. :))

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

PS to Rosey: Pahleez... I love comments! The roses are a lot of work. I have a south bay window and they get 8 - 10 hours of sunlight per day. So it's really the window, and not the gardener, that does a fine job on baby roses...

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Dearest Bookworm:
Would it kill you to water those little gals?? I'm just teasing. I know you can take it.

PS: Have you reviewed the Nook Worm? I think I like that one better than the Kindle.

Lona said...

Kate what gorgeous roses and pictures. Are you saying Bella is contrary ;-)
Hey we would love for you to join us in the Seed Swap Sunday. The more the joins the more flowers or veggies we can have next spring.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Thanks, Joey! And thank YOU for another fine recipe. I have a hard time planning meals for vegetarians but this autumn soup is perfect!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Thanks, Hocking Hills - I shall follow the trail back from your blog to the source and hop on this bandwagon. It's a fun idea. I have lots of seeds to share...

CanadianGardenJoy said...

OMG !! You are too funny and poor Bella ( does she know she is famous with that name because of the "Twilight" series ??) LOL
I love you micro mini flowers girl : ) .. my violets aren't blooming and my Christmas cactus doesn't look like it will even think of putting out buds ... whaaa !!
Joy

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Thanks, Joy!
Ah ha! The Twilight series... perhaps that's why Bella is so full of herself! :-)

It's been a good sunny autumn for indoor bloomers. I hope it stays that way...