Saturday, December 01, 2007

Peppermint Cookies & Camelias

Peppermint Camelia

A friend of mine keeps pestering me: What do you want for Christmas? I want a pony but that's never gonna happen. Been askin' for a pony since I was 5.

I would also like to live 3 states closer to the equator, and preferably in a rain forest, so I could grow my most beloved flower, the Camelia. I might almost give up my dream of owning a pony if I could grow Peppermint Camelias. Almost.

My timeshare pony loves peppermint candy & so do I. That was the moment when I knew, in spite or her tendency to bite and kick and buck me off, we were destined to become soul sisters.

If you happen to be a peppermint fan, you're probably healthier for it. From coughs to colds and even cramps, the healing properties of peppermint are amazing.

What's even more amazing is how yummy it tastes when mixed with lots of butter and sugar....


Fire up the oven. Peppermint Cookies require no tricky recipe adjustments when baking in high altitudes!


Crunchy Peppermint Christmas Cookies

* If you can refrain from eating the cookie dough, this recipe makes five dozen.
  • 1.5 cups butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1.5 tablespoons baking powder
  • 6 cups flour
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup crushed peppermint candy
How to:
  1. Cream butter and sugar.
  2. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
  3. Add dry ingredients to the batter in two batches, alternating with milk.
  4. Stir in crushed candy.
  5. Spoon onto cookie sheet.
  6. Bake for 10-12 minutes @ 375 degrees.

This recipe is even better than that one!

1 comment:

Wunx~ said...

Megan would be so jealous if you got some nother pony. You'd probably have to feed her peppermint candies and cookies to keep from getting trampled.