Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Topsy Turvy


The sun shines brightly, birds sing a happy tune and the earliest spring flowers stand up to say howdy. All is well.


One day later, a freezing rain blankets the garden.

I wish I had the hutzpah of my flowering friends -- who shake off the dreary weather and keep on blooming.


Back comes the sun to warm our bones! And, I enjoy a pleasant afternoon, puttering in the garden.

The following morning, a foot of fresh snow greets me when I open the blinds.


And, so it goes. Hot flashes, Mother Nature style. Followed by winter's slap in the face.

This spring, winter is winning.


For the first time in 7 years, we've had to cancel our week long March trail ride. The horses are just not ready - and neither am I.

Slippery mud and more snowy days than sunshine have foiled our grand plans. (I feel it's too dangerous to ride horses on super muddy trails - they could slip and injure themselves - so we weren't able to get them in shape prior to the ride.)


Spring on the windowsill will have to do...
While hibernating indoors, I fished out the hyacinth bulbs that had been stored in the cool, dark of the garage ~ a lovely, fragrant centerpiece for Easter dinner.



Because of the uncooperative weather, I finally got cracking on that woulda shoulda coulda list.

I can turn a blind eye no longer...


BEFORE
Who in their right mind would choose an orange countertop and royal blue drawers for a master bathroom? Why, the previous owners, that's who. 

AFTER! :)
Did you know you don't have to replace countertops any longer? There are paint solutions for these eyesores. This fixer upper project cost me $11.95 vs. many hundreds once installers handed me a bill..

But, what did I do the very second I had re-painted that horrid orange countertop??


Marched right over to the nursery and bought some orange flowers!

Sun Stars! Absolutely love 'em! Yeah. I know. If I can't figure me out. You shouldn't even try. :)


Here's hoping y'all had a wonderful Easter holiday!

~ kate




No comments: