Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Tulips and Windmills

Biking around Kinderdijk - UNESCO World Heritage Windmill Site

Whats the #1 mode of transportation in the Netherlands? Nope, not trains -- it's bicycles! Everyone bikes here. Because it's FLAT!

Oh, how I've missed those days. Growing up in the Midwest, I biked every where. To work, to play, it was easy! It was fun. Because there were no uphill battles in the flat Midwest!

After moving to the mountains, I sold my bike. I hated that uphill jazz. If you choose a direction in Park City, Utah, you could be biking uphill all day long. Where is the fun in that?

I was happy to see that people still live in windmills. 

Anyhoo....    When you think of Holland most folks conjure up images of tulips and windmills. And, we did, too. So, we toured the windmills at Kinderdijk and Zaanse Schans on bicycles.

* It's a bit of a trek but well worth the effort to tour the 19 windmills of Kinderdijk.

No comments: