Sunday, November 18, 2007

Indian Summer

I love simplicity so I'm as happy as the next person to blame everything under the sun on global warming.

Take this morning, for instance. It's mid-November and we should be skiing. Instead I'm outdoors, in a t-shirt, marveling that it's been so warm, for so long, that my Honeysuckles are greening up and beginning to rebloom.

To be fair, I should probably point out that this November is exactly like the very first November we experienced in Utah, when we moved here 10 years ago. Warm, wonderful autumn days that seem to go on forever. Back then, we were allowed to enjoy them.

I am not diminishing the problems we're creating. I'm just having a hard time with all the doom and gloom. These days, everything is on the endangered list. Including happiness.

So, I've decided to enjoy this lovely autumn day and consider it a blessing vs. a curse. I will leave the newspaper untouched and the television off so no one can make me feel the slightest bit guilty about anything.

Well, almost no one. You don't fully appreciate Bad Dog until he's intent on going for a walk

No comments: