Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Canterbury Bells

Campanula Champion Blue might be appearing in your supermarket flower shop right now. Pounce on a pot! This zone 5 biennial will bloom for months, when transplanted into your summer garden.

Ah, summer... those were the days. Before I had a mountain of snow clogging my driveway and life felt [almost] under control.

I've been spending a ridiculous amount of time standing in line at the local post office. I keep hoping they'll hire someone who actually cares enough to do his or her job.

This dilemma began with the folks who insist on sending important stuff like paychecks via snail mail. From there, we can implicate the overzealous snow plow guy. He's crushed 3 of my (rural) mailboxes in 4 short weeks.
Outside the sunny window:
The 7 foot tall arbor is nearly buried in snow.

Next up, the mailman. This rat promised faithfully to hold my mail at the post office and then immediately lost every single envelope with my name on it.

5 Stamps to Bermuda
So, there I was standing in line at the post office. Listening to them explain how they returned all my mail 'address unknown.' Apparently, without a mailbox, I don't exist. But, I have a mailbox, I declared. I bought a pretty one right inside your building, here, so you couldn't screw up anymore!"

And, that's when the customer at the next window asked how much it costs to mail a letter to Bermuda.

Why mail it? Let's just go!
Canterbury Bells look like little tea cups to me. This variety is a biennial, meaning she'll die in 2 years though she will happily reseed and grace your garden with bright purple flowers for many years to come.

* Campanula Champion Blue: There's nothin' blue about 'em. They are the truest purple flower I've ever grown. USDA zone 5, full sun, drought tolerant. Mature plants stand about 2 feet tall. Find a spot for Bellflowers in your garden.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are fantastic photos of C. medium. I love all campanula pretty well, even the over achievers, but Canterbury bells are a favourite of my husband, and he's always happy when we have them in bloom.

Anonymous said...

Just ᴡisһ to say your article is as surprising. The clearness in your poѕt iѕ
juѕt great and i coulԁ assume yⲟu're an eҳpert on tһis subject.
Well with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.

Ƭhаnks a million and plеase carry on the rewarding
work.
you can try here : Hoԝ To Lock Files In 3 Easy Steps