Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tulip Tours Close to Home

"Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival is not Keukenhof, but it's a heck of a lot closer!"
My friend, Karen, is a gifted painter. She's also big into practical magic. I admire that. While I pine for a trip to Holland, she drives 25 miles south of Salt Lake City to our very own version of the Keukenhof Gardens.

When I first opened this particular photo from Karen, (above) I thought she'd painted it. She could. She's just that good.

I always wished I could paint. I can't even paint the bedroom without making a big mess.

Karen's photos are from last year's tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point Gardens in the Utah Valley.

Thanksgiving Point is 55 acres of peaceful gardens almost in my own backyard.
Tulips ~ the most cheerful of bulbs ~ add bright, happy color to spring gardens.

Lovely photos, Karen. Thanks for sharing. Though, I'd still rather be in Holland. :)

No comments: