Saturday, January 05, 2008

Changes

Poor little Piano Man.

He took a tumble off the tree and broke his foot. The first holiday ornament I ever purchased,
Piano Man has graced the top of our Christmas trees for a long, long time.

A little bit o' super glue and he'll be good as new. If only it was that easy to fix what's wrong with me.

It was time, I guess. To take down the tree and admit that a New Year has begun.

I've been putting that off ~ it was such a pretty tree. This was such a nice holiday. And, I've been grumpy ever since.

Too much change, happening too quickly, I suppose.

Bev, Heather, Lauren, Benny - they all left on the same day.

Maybe that's why I'm not so thrilled about the prospect of '08. I don't feel that it's going to be a very good one.

Ours was a Dr. Seuss tree (check out the odd needles growing directly from the trunk.) Tall, skinny, strange as can be. He didn't make it very far. Out to the deck and into a snowbank where he can socialize with friends who have truly put down roots around here.

Maybe that's how we should weather all sorts of change.

One small step at a time.

2 comments:

Wunx~ said...

Benny left? Are you talking about your Internal Affairs Beta fish? I hope not, I hope he's still swimming and making fertilizer.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

I'm afraid so. My beloved Benny kicked the bucket. People are teasing me for crying over this but I can't help it.

He was a great little fishie. And, I had him forever. :(