Monday, October 15, 2007

What is the most popular perennial in the world?

Come on... you know this one.

Look around you. It's everywhere!

Still not sure?

Perhaps this will help:
  • It's the most high maintenance thing you could ever plant.
  • It guzzles far too much water.
  • It requires gallons of chemical fertilizers just to look good.
  • It costs you a fortune to keep it under control.
Need more?
  • Because of it, we gardeners are responsible for more water waste & pollution than farmers and industry combined.
And, yet this troublemaker is often the very first thing we decide to plant...

Give up?

Click here.

* Blog Action Day invited over 15,000 bloggers to speak on one day, in one voice, for one cause: the future of our environment.

3 comments:

Wunx~ said...

I know, I know! It's the Engineer's favorite landscaping plant! Playing with the watering and fertilizing gives him an expensive thrill. I think you've inspired me to a new blog entry about this. ;-)

Gail said...

I would love to have a little patch of this green stuff....just a little.

I am tagging you for a MEME. Check my blog for the rules.

Hugs

Gail said...

Kate....oh Kate. Where are you?