Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Lost Weekend

Kind of looks like she wants to eat ya, doesn't she?
Phalaenopsis Moth Orchid

Triple birthday celebrations made for a far too hectic weekend. Two humans lamented growing older but this very precious flower seems quite proud of her accomplishment. My Moth Orchid is celebrating 5 long, lovely months in bloom.

Mertensia Alpina

Pretty much everything is celebrating the arrival of springtime in the mountains. Tiny Mertensia Alpina ~ my most beloved wildflower ~ is popping out all over the place.

Meadow Phlox puts on a colorful show in the woodlands.

Baby ducks take their first clumsy steps along the edge of a muddy stream.

While I look sadly at my garden 'to do' list and admit I didn't accomplish a thing. :(

2 comments:

KC said...

Sometimes not accomplishing anything is a great accomplishment. I hope you enjoyed it.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

I'm with you right now... there just aren't enough hours in the day so I guess I'm feeling guilty. :D