Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Happy Spot

Today's Forecast: Highs in the mid 80's, bright sunshine, gentle breezes. Surfing conditions improve toward mid-morning... Enough already! That's about as far from MY forecast as a weatherman could get.These days, nobody makes a move until they check in with the Weather Channel. I get all I need to know by looking out the window.
  • It's winter.
  • It's cold.
  • It snowed again!

Instead of monitoring my own weather, I keep an eye on those lucky dogs who live in Hawaii.

I like to see the weather where I wanna be.

Sunny Windows
This time of year, everybody needs a sunny window. It boosts your spirits like nobody's business.

Especially on days like this one, when the snow is blowing sideways due to a fierce north wind.

Dust off the martini shaker! Key Limes & Miniature Pomegranates are ripening in my sunny window.

Azaleas, Narcissus and Hyacinth fill the room with a lovely fragrance.

Pink sweetheart roses put on a sparkling show.

I'm just learning how to keep these gals happy indoors.

The pink mini roses are thrilled. The yellow ones are contemplating suicide. The red roses haven't a clue what to do.

Hyacinths are one of the easiest bulbs to force.

If you don't have a sunny window, carefully follow these steps to create one:
  1. Buy a growlight.
  2. Plug it in.
With any luck, the glare from your groovy new growlight can shield your eyes from what's happening in the garden, outdoors:

3 comments:

Wunx~ said...

Red Amaryllis. I want.

Anonymous said...

Mini-pomegranate? How cool is that?? I will have to investigate...

thismngardener said...

Ha-cool! I just blogged about that. I am nurturing the orchid too! We don't have that much snow though.