Monday, June 02, 2008

Flowering Trees

Flowering Plum Tree

The downside to my line of work is that sometimes I have to travel. The traveling part is not so bad. It's when I get there that things get really ugly. I have to hoist myself into a pair of pantyhose and a business suit when I'm used to working from home in my bunny slippers. I'm not sure what's more painful! The pantyhose or pretending like I care...

Once I return home I get lots of attention. Friends and neighbors take this opportunity to complain about all the things I promised to do that I haven't done.

The cats glare at me. The horse gives me the cold shoulder.

The dog is happy to see me but he stalks me night and day for fear I'll leave again.

Seems the only group that truly loves it when I leave town are the weeds.

It's astonishing how in a week's time happy flowers have grown an inch or two ~ and ecstatic weeds are up to my knees!

Flowering Crab Apple

On the upside, high in the mountains it is late springtime and with it comes the lovely blossoms of my flowering trees.

Most people say you can't grow fruit trees in the mountains. You most certainly can! Provided you grow them for the birds. Plums, Pears, Crab Apples, Cherries, Apples and more flower beautifully in the mountains! Though they rarely, if ever, give you the kind of blue ribbon fruit we humans adore.

This is not a bad thing! Anyone with mature fruit trees can tell how messy they are. In the mountains wild birds will eat all of the tiny fruit the tree produces.

Pantyhose are now available for men. Finally! A clear and meaningful achievement in our ongoing battle of the sexes...

3 comments:

Iron Needles said...

Haha! ...what's more painful? pantyhose or pretending I care... That had me rolling! Thank goodness I work where I can wear jeans. Bunny slippers are not allowed, however.

www.mysisterdalesgarden.com said...

gorgeous flowering trees

Anonymous said...

hùa theo
hung tàn
hồ nước
hàng đầu
Bạc Bẽo
Bãi công
dàn xếp
thanh niên
bao vây
nên
phong cách
mách nhỏ
hiện tại
thiết kế
bên cạnh
ngoại trừ
bí quyết
bỏ quên
sắp xếp
do vậy
ăn bớt
bự chảng
bước ngoặt
kinh doanh
các bạn
các
mẫu
cơ bản
nguồn gốc
nhu yếu
kỹ lưỡng
cắn
cạnh tranh
cáu
cứng cáp
loại vải
chế tạo
giá tiền
khía cạnh
xịn
sắm
chống thấm nước
để ý
lưu ý
chuyển động
phục vụ
có mặt trên thị trường
sở hữu
công nghệ
nhà hàng
cùng
shop
vô cùng
cười cợt
cứu vãn
phổ biến
số đông
đa số
đặc trưng
ngốc
ham mê
điệu dạng
phá huỷ
bệnh tật
trước tiên
đầy đủ
dành dụm
đem đến
đến
đẹp
rời khỏi
điểm cộng
điều tra
vật dụng
đơn thuần
ngừng
sử dụng
dùng
êm dịu
fake
ràng buộc
vừa rồi
gan góc
gần gũi
sát nhau
gần
bắt gặp
cấp tốc
ví như
giải nghĩa
giảm thiểu
giảm
hài hòa
hết lòng
hiện đại
lý tưởng
khá
thua sút
xoàng xĩnh
rốt cục
hậu quả
mở màn
khái niệm
khái quát
khi không
lúc
làm cho
ko
ưu đãi
khiếu nại
lang bạt
thôn
chỉ đạo
rét
chệch choạng
lào xào
lợi ích
lôi kéo
to
quái đản
miêu tả
tậu
nắm
khả năng
nặng trĩu
nấu nướng
ngã
kinh ngạc
nhãn hàng
thời gian nhanh
bừa bãi
rầm rộ
vượt trội
nức tiếng
oai nghiêm
ổn định
pha trộn
phải chăng
phẳng lì
trở thành
phép tắc
phù hợp
quảng bá
qua chuyện
ưa chuộng
rách rưới
um tùm
rẻ mạt
rõ rệt
mênh mông
sạch
sáng suốt
sáng sủa
sang trọng
sâu sắc
hoảng
tái mét
tai nạn
bác tài
tàn phế
tang chứng
phi cơ
thoả thích
bác sĩ
thừa mứa
nối tiếp
Dù thế
âm u
ướt át
va vấp
khẩn khoản
vắng ngắt
lặt vặt
xa cách
lãng phí
xâm lấn
xanh lơ
xấu xa
van ơn
xong xuôi
xu thế
ý định
ỷ lại
y phục
y chang
yên lặng
yêu thương
yếu