Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Butterfly Buffet

A week ago, I wondered if winter would ever relax its icy grip. Cold winds, a dusting of snow and even some hail pelted my early mountain wildflowers.

Hardy blooms braved the temps and are appearing almost on schedule. I wasn't worried about them. They can handle this abysmal weather.

I was mostly worried about the Butterflies!

Butterflies don't venture out in rain or high winds and that means they're missing out on the scrumptious meal my flowers provide.

Want butterflies to flit about all summer? Try offering plants that meet a butterfly's needs through their life stages (egg, caterpillar, chrysalis, and adult.)

These adult Swallowtails love my Dame's Rocket but they tend to nest in the vegetable garden.

Everything you need to know! Here's the website I used to get smart on gardening for butterflies.

No comments: