Monday, May 05, 2008

Grecian Windflowers

"They say time changes things but in truth you have to do that yourself." - Andy Warhol

Grecian Windflowers (Anemone) bloom with my Daffodils.
A smart gardener would have planted them closer together!

I'm in as blue a mood as my little Windflowers. It started when I looked at this weekend's photographs and discovered that I'm old. And, if that isn't bad enough, I'm also fat and ugly. (When did this happen?) Of course, what should I expect, standing next to 3 gorgeous college graduates with happy smiles and bright futures ahead of them?

Update on the big, gigantic party... it was a huge success. We crammed more people into this tiny house than I ever thought it could hold. They must have had a wonderful time because they refused to leave ~ even after we ran out of food.

And now... it's over. Maybe that's why I'm cranky. The build up, the let down and those infernal what now questions.

My daughter has graduated. She (so far) does not have a criminal record (that I know of) so apparently I did an okay job with her.

I'm free as a bird. I could sell my house and move to the Kingdom of Bhutan* ~ or Idaho, whichever is more affordable.

What I really want to do is just garden in peace. Without everybody bugging me about my next move. I can't move! I have 500 little flowering friends out there who've put down roots. And, so have I. So leave me alone.

The earliest of my 'daisies,' the Grecian Windflowers (Anemone) have started to bloom - though you need a zoom lens to notice these little gals. USDA zones 5-9, they grow to a whopping 3 inches tall and bloom for about 6 weeks.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your daughter! Yay!

I think you're suffering from Post Big Event Letdown. Sort of an ongoing feeling of "now what?!"

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need a walk through the tulips. I know just the place. KC

Iron Needles said...

I love my daughters, and being around them, and want to memorialize the moment. Then I look at those photos and think...who is that? and when did that happen?
Congrats on the graduation for both you and her, by the way.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

I love that beautiful electric blue! Congratulations to your daughter on graduating with no criminal record - LOL! And congratulations to you on raising such a lovely young lady.