Feeds at least a dozen guests
I spoke excellent French the whole time I was taking French classes in South Dakota. Then I went to France, where people really speak French, and realized how badly I'd been taken on those tuition payments.
It was remarkable how consistently I screwed up deciphering the menus. One evening, my entree turned out to be a tomato the size of my head. Whenever I get together with old friends they tease me about my big tomato night. :)
I didn't know such great, big goodies were available here until I arm wrestled another shopper for this 3-pounder at the Farmer's Market.
* The actual name is the Marvel Stripe Heirloom Tomato, which generally tips the scales at 2-3 pounds.
How did this happen?? Garden zucchinis, apparently, are over-achievers no matter what kind I plant. This 1.5 pound giant was lurking under the vines in my (alleged) miniature veggie garden.
Mediterranean Garden Salad:
- One big ass heirloom tomato
- As much ripe zucchini as you'd like to get rid of.
- Fresh Mozzarella and Feta cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and mint leaves (chopped very fine.)