Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Time Veggie Gardens

I've known this young lady since she was knee high to a Sangria bottle.

Lots of people worry about growing old. I kind of like it. Oh, I don't particularly care for the big mirror in the bathroom any longer. (Never did.)

But, when I look beyond that, I feel like I'm heading into this amazing new chapter of my life. My daughter is an adult. Her gardening friend, Noel, is an adult.

And... well... sooner or later I might start treating them like adults! Instead of the middle school brats I fondly remember.

I always knew this kid had special talents and this picture is proof positive. It's her first ever stab at transforming her backyard into a super productive plot of land. (Check out that pumpkin!)

You grow, girl. Now we just need to talk you into a BBQ.

With love,
Kate

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's growing better veggies than me! Are you coaching her?

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

No... she could probably teach me a thing or two.

Noel said...

I love it! I am so proud of that garden. One of those squash is 6 lbs!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

You should be proud! You've outdone all of us this summer! :)

Anonymous said...

Please tell me she's in the valley. I can't grow anything like that up here. - Chris